We ALL have an internal problem. The following passage identifies it. We still struggle with that old man, our sin nature we received from Adam. It is an enemy of God and will destroy us if we yield to it.
James 4:1 “From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?”
How can we perpetually overcome it?
1. We must humble ourselves BEFORE He hast to do it.
V6 & 11 “But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.”
2. We must submit to God’s authority and His direct intervention.
V7-10 “Submit yourselves therefore to God.”
3. Allow the Lord to develop within you an acute awareness of Satan’s devices and deception, then turn from them to Jesus.
“Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.”
3. Repent from sinful actions and thoughts.
“Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.”
4. Reflect every day upon the cross of Christ. Remember that all of His suffering was because of YOUR sin. Allow that thought to move you emotionally.
“Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.”
LESSON - HE died for you so that you can live for Him instead of living for yourself. Let Him help you win the war within!