When Jesus met with Zacchaeus, He identified His life’s goal was “to seek and to save that which was lost.” Before he ascended back into Heaven, He commissioned His followers with this same responsibility. Jesus came to set right that which sin had altered!
1. What was His plan?
• For us to be in right standing with Him.
2 Cor. 5:18-21 ”And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ,”
• So that we might help others be right with Him.
“and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2. What was His purpose?
• To make friends of enemies.
“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,”
• To offer us mercy instead of judgment.
“not imputing their trespasses unto them;”
LESSON - We now have obtained a new title and job description. We are now His Ambassadors with all of the privileges but also all of the responsibilities which comes with that calling.
“and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.“
• Let’s never forget what Jesus did to make all of this possible!
“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”
• You ARE an ambassador! How well you do your job is up to you.