Want true happiness? Trust & Obey
How do you respond to the word of God? Simon Peter gives us an example of how many people wrestle with God's word.
1. They are anxious to hear it when it feels good.
Lk 5:1, 4-6, 8 "And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God..."
2. They are slow to respond when doubts set it.
"Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing:"
3. They wrestle between faith and feelings, but some choose obedience.
"nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net."
4. They realize with obedience comes blessing, every time.
"And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake."
5. The result is always increased faith and a higher level of humility.
"When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord."
LESSON - Prov 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him." Rom 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
🎼Trust and obey,
For there's no other way,
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.