Seek liberty, not license
Modern day idolatry is revealed in the doctrine of these identified false teachers. They were teaching salvation as a license for sin, denying the transformation wrought through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Notice their actions:
1. They were subtle, like their father Satan. Their actions and their teachings were deliberate.
Jude 1:4 “For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation,”
2. They claimed grace as an excuse to fulfill their fleshly desires.
“ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.”
V17-19 “But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
3. They were clearly identified as unregenerate and lost.
“These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.”
LESSON - In order that we rescue people from these types of teachers, we must equip immature Believers with these Biblical disciplines and principles:
1. The practical life application of God’s word.
V20-24 “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith,”
2. Teach others how to maintain a close fellowship with the Lord.
“praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.”
3. Instruct Believers how to properly minister to and evangelize the Lost.
“And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.”
4. Realize that our victory over sin is accomplished through His strength, not ours.
“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy”