Can you say with COMPLETE certainty that you are going to Heaven? God wants those who are TRULY saved to be sure. So if you're not, why not? Consider the elements of salvation:
1. Conviction - Desire for change.
Mk 8:34-38 “Whosoever will come after me,”
2. Repentance - Turning from sin and self.
“let him deny himself,”
3. Conversion - An event described as death to one's self, faith in His sacrific, and a willingness to now live for Him.
“and take up his cross,”
4. Transformation - Real evidence.
“and follow me.”
The results of salvation:
1. Sanctification - A change in life goals and ambitions.
“For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”
2. Identification - An unashamed follower of Jesus Christ.
“Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”
Have you TRULY been saved? As you examine the lives of other professing Christians, do you see people who are merely professors but not possessors of REAL salvation?