We are at war!! The sooner Christians begin to live with this in mind, the higher the degree of joy & spiritual victory they will experience. Consider our armor necessary for the battles we will fight.
Eph. 6;13-17 “Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
1. Truth - Protection from deception.
“Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth,”
2. Righteousness - Protection from the consequences of an inconsistent walk.
“and having on the breastplate of righteousness;”
3. Peace - Protection from disunity through reconciliation with God & man.
“And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;”
4. Faith - Protection from fear and unbelief.
“Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.”
5. Salvation (Christ’s return) - Protection from becoming earthly minded.
“And take the helmet of salvation,”
LESSON - If we remain alert for the battles we must face while utilizing the resources God has provided, we will accomplish much more than defense. We will be prepared to stand during the conflicts and fight with the ONLY weapon we need, the word of God.
“and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:”