One of the greatest struggles with which every Believer will wrestle is the sin of pride. Here is a specific prayer for our consideration gleaned from 1 Thes 2:4-9 for your life and ministry:
1. Lord, help me to focus on pleasing you instead of men.
“But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.”
2. Help me not to utilize flattery for selfish gain.
“For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness;”
3. Help me seek YOUR glory, not mine or others.
“God is witness: Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others,”
4. Help me have integrity financially.
“when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.”
5. Help me have a gentle, humble spirit.
“But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:”
6. Help me put others 1st, even to the point of sacrifice.
“So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.”
7. Help me remain faithful to my specific task of spreading the Gospel.
“For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.”
LESSON - Pride seeks to exalt self instead of God, to claim His rightful place of Lordship in our lives for our own. Every day we live, our focus should be obedience to Christ while meeting the needs of others to the Glory of God!