The word of God is our main source for life transformation. No other book can change a person’s life like the Bible because it is the only book God Himself authored. Consider these principles upon which God gave us His word.
Job 36:1-4, 9-10 “Elihu also proceeded, and said, Suffer me a little, and I will shew thee that I have yet to speak on God's behalf.
1. It is not based upon man’s opinion or wisdom, but God’s holiness.
“I will fetch my knowledge from afar,
and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.”
2. It is free from error because it comes from the mind of God.
“For truly my words shall not be false: he that is perfect in knowledge is with thee.”
3. It reveals God’s Law and our violation of it.
“Then he sheweth them their work, and their transgressions that they have exceeded.”
4. It focuses on the convicting power of the Holy Spirit rather than the guilt ridden manipulation of man.
“He openeth also their ear to discipline,”
5. It focuses on repentance from sin rather than maintaining the status quo.
“and commandeth that they return from iniquity.”
LESSON - Make sure when you listen to sermons that the speakers are taking their points from Scripture rather than creating talking points and utilizing scripture out of context to support their opinions. Otherwise, you may be hearing a fascinating oration from an educated speaker, BUT you may not be hearing from God.