This passage of scripture records Jesus during his adolescent years It's interesting to note when reading it, Jesus remained 100% God.
1. He humbly subjected himself to his parents.
Lk 2:51-52 "And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart."
2. Though he was God and had ALL knowledge, he had never physically used his hands to make something. I can imagine Jesus' reaction when as the son of a carpenter, he made his first chair.
"And Jesus increased in wisdom"
3. He experienced all of the physical changes adolescence brings.
4. He was completely obedient to The Law of God in every way.
"and in favour with God"
5. He learned how to fulfill The Law while still managing to influence people.
LESSON - The best word to characterize Jesus' adolescence years is balance. He was 100% God and 100% man. He learned how to completely obey God yet still earn the respect of others. In order to accomplish this, he had to humble himself and be a servant. He has provided a good example for us to follow.