How does God increase our faith?
1. He sends a Pastor to establish us in the word of God.
1 Thes 3:2-3 “And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you,
2. He allows trials for proper application of His word.
“and to comfort you concerning your faith: That no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.”
3. He gives opportunities for service within the local church.
V6 “Timotheus came from you unto us, and brought us good tidings of your faith and charity, and that ye have good remembrance of us always, desiring greatly to see us, as we also to see you:”
4. He provides mature Believers to pray for us and disciple us.
V10 “Night and day praying exceedingly that we might see your face, and might perfect that which is lacking in your faith?”
LESSON - If we are to grow spiritually and see our faith increased, these 5 elements are clearly outlined within this passage:
1. The word of God
2. Interaction with mature Believers
3. Service within the church
Faithfulness to your church is implied throughout this passage. If you struggle with simple church attendance, you may have a bigger concern.