We are by far more sinful than we realize. Most simply don’t understand our sin’s origin or it’s full implications.
Rom. 5:12, 20-21
1. The desire to sin came from Adam.
“Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world,”
2. As a result, we all sin and are separated from God.
“and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:”
3. The Law, specifically the 10 Commandments was given to reveal the depth of our sinfulness.
“Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound.”
4. Knowing the depth of our sin, the knowledge that God’s grace is greater should humble us.
“But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:”
5. Eternal LIfe begins the very moment a person chooses to put their faith in Jesus’ substitutionary work as the complete payment for their ALL their sin.
“That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.”
LESSON - Regardless of how far you’ve gone or whatever you’ve done, God’s grace is greater still. His grace is as infinite as the Hand which extended it.