Just because we are accustomed to God’s blessings upon our lives does not mean that we are entitled to those blessings. God may deem it necessary to revoke His favor for the purpose of providing us clarity regarding his goodness. God will do what He deems best in order to renew within us a thankful spirit.
1. Let the problems remind us to be thankful.
Job 35:9-13 “By reason of the multitude of oppressions they make the oppressed to cry: they cry out by reason of the arm of the mighty.”
2. Express thankfulness to Him for what you DO have, not what you DON’T have. It will help you maintain a humble, grateful spirit during the tough times.
“But none saith, Where is God my maker, who giveth songs in the night;”
3. Take your cues from the beasts of the field. They live in the same sin-fallen world but don’t have bad attitudes.
“Who teacheth us more than the beasts of the earth, and maketh us wiser than the fowls of heaven?”
4. Realize that your pride is what will ultimately keep you from experiencing the benefit and speedy deliverance from the trial you’re in.
“There they cry, but none giveth answer,
because of the pride of evil men.”
5. God will not regard the prayers of a thankless soul.
“Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.”
LESSON - If you are in the midst of a trial, BE THANKFUL for the sovereign hand which has allowed it. Reflect upon the ways God has blessed you in the past and BE THANKFUL! Consider the provision with which you are currently surrounded and let it remind you to BE THANKFUL! Consider how God cares for the animals in nature and how much more He loves you then BE THANKFUL! Remember how small you are in comparison to a great God, then consider it was for you that He sent His son, Jesus. Let this thought humble you and BE THANKFUL! When the trial ends, determine in your heart that you will never allow another day to pass without reflecting upon His goodness. BE THANKFUL!!