This was MY STORY...
In the courtroom of God, I was declared guilty! By committing even one sin I had broken God’s Law and stood before Him condemned. This was my situation:
Rom. 3:9-12, 18-22, “for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:”
1. I did not seek after the things of God and I rarely had a thought about God outside of church on Sunday.
“There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.”
2. Sin was a part of my daily routine and I was wasting my life. Much of the good that I did was with selfish intent.
“They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.”
3. Sin kept me distracted so I rarely thought about eternity or God’s judgement upon my sin.
“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
4. God used Gospel music to draw me to Himself and stopped me in my tracks, helping me see my lost condition. ”Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.”
5. I had heard the story of Jesus in church, but now His story had become personal. I chose to repent of my sins and place my faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
“But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe.”
LESSON - If you have never truly placed your faith in Jesus Christ alone, you stand before God guilty and condemned. His blood was shed as a sacrifice for ALL of your sin. His resurrection from the dead was proof that God had declared Jesus’ payment for your sin acceptable. If you will put your faith in Jesus and believe on Him, God will declare you “NOT GUILTY”.
V24-26 “Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.”