Faith on display
Where is your faith? If you want this level of faith present in your life, there are certain attitudes which must accompany it:
1. Hopeless - He realized he had a problem that he could do nothing about.
Mt 8:5-8, 10, 13
“And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,”
2. Helpful - He was there for someone else, not himself.
“And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.”
3. Humble - He knew that he was unworthy to be in God’s presence.
“And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof:”
4. Healed - While his servant was about to be healed physically, he himself had been healed spiritually.
“but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.”
5. Heartened - Jesus blessed him for his faith.
“And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.”
LESSON - Remember the faith it took for you to be saved? It may not have been much, but it pleased the Lord enough to save you. Why doubt Him now? Continue to put your faith in the Lord to meet your needs and experience continued blessings for the hope you’ve chosen to place in Him. Seek to implement these same attitudes within yourself. You may receive the same honor and blessing as the centurion and experience the same power of God displayed in your life.