Do your goals include winning the lost?
Are you making a difference for eternity?
1. They had a specific plan of action for reaching people for Christ.
Acts 17:1-6 “Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:”
2. They had developed a lifestyle which involved verbally sharing The Gospel with others.
“And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.”
3. MANY people were saved as a result of their witness.
“And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.”
4. They faced opposition.
“But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.”
5. They turned entire cities upside down with their teaching.
“And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also”
LESSON - Consider each of the points already mentioned and ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do you have a specific plan for reaching people for Christ? If not, it’s probably been a while since someone has received Christ as a result of your direct intervention.
2. Would you say that you share of the Gospel often, and with many people? Are you consistently handing out tracts and/or attempting to engage people with conversations about the condition of their souls?
3. When was the last time that you personally led someone to the Lord? How many people will possibly be in Heaven because of you?
4. Have you faced any opposition recently for your consistent stand for Christ? If you are truly living for the Lord and your witness is open, Satan will make certain that you face opposition.
5. When you consider standing before the Lord one day, does that thought bring overwhelming joy or shame?
I sincerely hope that this lesson will challenge you to be a more faithful witness for Christ!