Updated: Jun 27
This is how a church SHOULD work as a body.
1. They should proclaim the Gospel to everyone.
Acts 2:40-47 “And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
2. They should be continuously leading people to the Lord and baptizing them, adding them to the church.
“Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.”
3. They should learn and live the word of God, fellowshipping with one another.
“And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.”
4. They should convey a deep reverence for God, using their spiritual gifts to serve others.
“And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.”
5. They should sacrifice of themselves to meet the physical needs of others in Jesus’ name.
“And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.”
6. They should worship God corporately every time the doors are open, while personally worshiping God every day.
“And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple,”
7. They should genuinely love the brethren and really enjoy being together.
“and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people.”
LESSON - If we will be the church as God intended us to be, He will use our faithful witness and our love for one another to bring others to the saving knowledge of Jesus.
“And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.”
GO BE THE CHURCH!